Adobe Profile Installation Instructions
These profiles will work on the latest version of Lightroom Classic CC, Lightroom CC, and Photoshop.
1. Check to ensure you are using Lightroom Classic CC version 7.3 or later. To do this, open Lightroom and navigate to the develop module. Do you see the four squares at the top and the word Profiles? If not, then you need to update Lightroom. If you are a member of Adobe Creative Cloud, then open Creative Cloud and update from there.
Check Photoshop to see if it has been updated. Open any image inside Photoshop and then open the RAW editor. If you have troubles opening the RAW editor, click “filter” on the top bar, and then select “camera raw filter”. Check to ensure you can see the word “profile” at the top of the camera RAW editor.
2. When you are sure Lightroom and Photoshop are updated, open the zip file that was emailed to you. Extract the contents of the zip file. You will need to know where you are extracting the contents of the zipped folder. 3. Navigate to the folder where you extracted the zipped folder contents. 4. If you purchased the full profile collection of 15 profile sets, then select them all by highlighting the 15 folders and clicking Ctrl-C (Command-C on a Mac). The free sample pack folder included. You do not need to install the free sample pack separately.
5. If you only requested the free sample pack, then locate and select the folder titled: TimsPhotos – Sample Pack. Copy it by entering Ctrl-C (Command-C on a Mac). 6. Open Lightroom and open: Edit> Preferences (Mac: Lightroom> Preferences) 7. The preferences dialogue will open. Click on: Show Lightroom Presets Folder Button.
8. A file Explorer window will open. Scroll up and click to open the Camera Raw folder. Then go to the settings folder.
9. Paste the folder or folders you previously copied inside the settings folder by clicking Ctrl-V (Command-V on a Mac). In summary, you should have pasted the profile folder or folders (depending if you only have the free sample pack, or you purchased the full collection) into the following path: …. App data, roaming, Adobe, CameraRaw, Settings
10. Restart Lightroom and Photoshop.
11. Check to see if your new profiles are visible. In Lightroom, open the develop module. Click the four small squares in the top right of the module. You should see a profile folder titled: TimsPhotos – Sample Pack. If you see this, then you are done! In Photoshop, open the RAW editor and click on the four little squares in the top right. This will open the profiles that have been installed. If you see TimsPhotos – Sample Pack, then you are successful!
If These Steps Did Not Work For You…. Go to plan B
Sometimes your local folders are in a different location. If this is the case, here are alternate steps that should be easy to follow.
Windows: Open explorer and navigate to: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings\Adobe\Profiles
Paste the TimsPhotos – Sample Pack into the profiles folder. And if you purchased the full collection, paste all 15 or 16 TimsPhotos folders into this location.
Restart Lightroom and Photoshop.
Open the finder. Click the GO menu at the top and select Go To Folder.
Paste the TimsPhotos – Sample Pack folder into the profiles folder. If you purchased the profiles collection, then paste all 15 or 16 TimsPhotos folders into the profiles folder.
Restart Lightroom and Photoshop.
Final Notes: These profiles will work equally as well in Lightroom and Photoshop. If you only requested the free sample pack, then consider upgrading to the full collection to get the full experience of profiles for virtually every landscape lighting scenario possible, based on my own photos from years of photography in national parks and remote locations in North America, Europe and Asia.